Tuesday, October 24, 2006

old unpublished entry: 08-25-06

I just finished my Cardio elective and once again I was inspired to consider it as an option for my medical career. =) I’ve re-learned and learned a lot of stuff… Of course a week in CVS is not enough, but I could say it was really a fruitful elective. We saw patients and heard their murmurs (one was PDA; another was VSD [classic!], and another was ASD). We were exposed to a little of 2D Echo. We got to hear of pre-op cases being discussed by fellows and consultants. My ECG reading skills improved and I don’t think I’ll forget them again. I got a little more used to doing the PE of the heart. S l o w l y I’m becoming more confident in examining patients… and I know I’ll experience a lot more of history taking and PE in the months to come. Thank you Lord for this privilege to be trained in PGH! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen to that ida. =)